|Leader||Supreme Commander Long|
The Militaristic Federation of The Sheika is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Long with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 24.136 billion Sheika are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Sheikan economy, worth a remarkable 3,566 trillion Cubits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,750 Cubits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, teenagers claim that morning paper rounds are performance art, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence, and soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Sheika's national animal is the Chimera, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "The Commission On Sentient And Sapient Rights".
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : The Sheika voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "Removal Of Space Debris".
- : The Sheika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
- : Following new legislation in The Sheika, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers.
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "Repeal "Freedom Of The Press"".
- : The Sheika voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Museums of Musical Heritage"".
- : The Sheika created a new poll in Absolution: "Repeal "Museums Of Musical Heritage"".