The All-Powerful Hive Mind of The Serendipitous is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical, devout population of 662 million Serendipitousians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 72.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Serendipitousian economy, worth 7.03 trillion units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 10,616 units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police double as repo men, students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework, a government program is underway to revitalize The Serendipitous's beaches, and Serendipitousian soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Serendipitous's national animal is the Serene, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
The Serendipitous is ranked 285,200th in the world and 670th in Europeia for Largest Gambling Industry, scoring -8.29 on the Kelly Criterion Productivity Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Serendipitous changed its national nation type to "All-Powerful Hive Mind".
- : The Serendipitous changed its national nation type to "Unanimous Hive Mind".
- : The Serendipitous's influence in Europeia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Serendipitous's influence in Europeia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Serendipitous was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The Serendipitous published "Pre-Infestation Logs: The Xixian" (Account: Culture).
- : The Serendipitous published "Pre-Infestation Logs: The Zorgons" (Account: Culture).
- : The Serendipitous published "Pre-Infestation Logs: The Tethysians" (Account: Culture).
- : The Serendipitous published "Pre-Infestation Logs: The Syrinxx" (Account: Culture).
- : The Serendipitous published "Pre-Infestation Logs: The Arcosian" (Account: Culture).