The Deer Hunters of The Sedge is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 25.138 billion Sedgeans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The all-consuming Sedgean economy, worth a remarkable 2,078 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 82,673 Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 422,604 per year while the poor average 8,894, a ratio of 47.5 to 1.
Sedge can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers, saying "don't do anything that Sedge wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Sedge's national animal is the Deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Sedge was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Sedge's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Sedge's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Sedge's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Sedge's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Sedge applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Sedge relocated from Osiris to Artificial Solar System.
- : The Sedge altered its national flag.
- : The Sedge was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Sedge ceased to exist in The Moon.