|Leader||Emperor Atticus Giuseppe I|
The Grand Imperium of The Roman Confederacy is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Atticus Giuseppe I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, smutty television, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.805 billion Romans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 53.6%.
The all-consuming Roman economy, worth 290 trillion Denars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 103,719 Denars, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, many friends and relatives of Emperor Atticus Giuseppe I have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over The Roman Confederacy, and colonials are offended to find a local animal has been re-named the 'Furry Four-Legged Marsupial Roman Eagle'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Roman Confederacy's national animal is the Roman Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Terra Magna rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The Roman Confederacy resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Roman Confederacy relocated from Enadia to Terra Magna.
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Enadia fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : The Roman Confederacy's influence in Enadia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".