The Lord of The Rings is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Sauron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, ritual sacrifices, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.557 billion Ringsians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barad-dûr. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ringsian economy, worth 915 trillion Rings a year, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,831 Rings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Back-alley circumcision clinics are popping up all over the nation, biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, and disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Rings's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Mordor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Rings's influence in The Hole fell from "Contender" to "Ambassador".
- : The Rings's influence in The Hole rose from "Zero" to "Contender".
- : The Rings applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Rings relocated from Arbor to The Hole.
- : The Rings resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Rings's influence in Arbor rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Rings relocated from Artificial Solar System to Arbor.
- : The Rings was endorsed by The Republic of Mijoo.
- : The Rings was endorsed by The Republic of WHILE FISHING FOR ENDOS VINNY.
- : The Rings endorsed The Blue Moon of BlightBaneXIX.