The Republic of The Republic of Pluck is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by William Wilberforce with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and ritual sacrifices. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.55 billion Republic of Pluckians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.7%.
The thriving Republic of Pluckian economy, worth 129 trillion Danubes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 83,369 Danubes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 256,629 per year while the poor average 20,923, a ratio of 12.3 to 1.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, children are raised bilingual from an early age, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Danubes of property damage, and tourists are forbidden to enter Native Republic of Pluckian lands. Crime is totally unknown. The Republic of Pluck's national animal is the Monster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Republic of Pluck endorsed The Empire of The ethereal lord.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Pluck, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Republic of Pluckian lands.
- : The Republic of Pluck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care"".
- : The Republic of Pluck was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : The Republic of Pluck was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : The Republic of Pluck voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wetland Protection Protocol".
- : The Republic of Pluck was endorsed by The Natural Empire of The Kerguelen Archipelago.
- : The Republic of Pluck was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : The Republic of Pluck was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Concilia Capitalist Empire of Niios, infecting 29 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : The Republic of Pluck was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Eist, Riveti, Sahin the Falconland, Nicklebak, Stanstanstanstanstanstan, Cathorcea, Terrastine, Timothia, The Fourth Moon of Yavin, Montagland, Icthaleon, and The Kerguelen Archipelago.