The Republic of The republic of hawk is a huge, genial nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 700 million republic of hawkians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 17.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped republic of hawkian economy, worth 25.4 trillion quads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 36,225 quads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
More and more people are signing up for the government party, smoking is banned in public areas, major cities are suffering under water rationing, and dancing with your first cousin is a misdemeanor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The republic of hawk's national animal is the red Hawk, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
The republic of hawk is ranked 130,493rd in the world and 2,316th in Artificial Solar System for Most Conservative, scoring 55.91 on the Bush-Santorum Dawning Terror Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The republic of hawk's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The republic of hawk's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The republic of hawk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The republic of hawk was endorsed by The Dominion of Stralport.
- : The republic of hawk's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The republic of hawk's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in The republic of hawk, dancing with your first cousin is a misdemeanor.
- : Following new legislation in The republic of hawk, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : The republic of hawk relocated from The League to Artificial Solar System.
- : The republic of hawk was endorsed by The Democratic States of Avengis.
Endorsements Received: None.