The Democratic Republic of The Republic of Baloo is a very large, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 168 million Republic of Balooans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Republic of Balooan economy, worth 11.9 trillion Gold pieceses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,612 Gold pieceses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Republic of Baloo's national animal is the Hummingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Republic of Baloo was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Liberentis.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : The Republic of Baloo was endorsed by The OMG It's the Nation of Gladio II.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : The Republic of Baloo endorsed The French Federal Federation of Frances Francis the First of France.
- : The Republic of Baloo endorsed The Heerlijk Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Following new legislation in The Republic of Baloo, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Corfad, Eravonia, Great Bights Mum, Mzeusia, Koda-Land, Sunto, Bayern-Straubing, PlanetPunk, Kylesburgh, Notyoutopia, Buckerino, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Albacria, Racoda, Siwale, United Draconia, Empy, Shin-Hachioji, THX1138, Kwaj, Wineclaw, Yaorozu, HMS Unicorn, Sacrento, Deropia, Malta Comino Gozo, Diodone, Universal State Formula, Highton Islands, Aerilia, Q w e r t y, Sil Dorsett, Jest Xerces, Shadowrik, McMasterdonia, Sanjurika, Atain, Takumisan, Zeternia, Selfgradatude, Sosash, Sundred, Frances Francis the First of France, Victoriaans Nederlands, Gladio II, and Liberentis.