The Republic of The Proletarian Red Guards is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 119 million Proletarian Red Guardsians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 51.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Proletarian Red Guardsian economy, worth 2.03 trillion Maoisms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 17,084 Maoisms, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes and it is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Proletarian Red Guards's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Proletarian Red Guards's influence in The Red Guards fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : The Proletarian Red Guards's influence in The Red Guards rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : The Proletarian Red Guards resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Proletarian Red Guards's influence in The Red Guards rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : The Proletarian Red Guards appointed The Community of Go Vegan as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in The Red Guards.
- : The Proletarian Red Guards's influence in The Red Guards rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Proletarian Red Guards ejected and banned The Sultanate of Bytheqireort from The Red Guards.
- : The Proletarian Red Guards appointed The People's Republic of Moro Rongzhen as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in The Red Guards.
- : The Proletarian Red Guards granted Border Control authority to the WA Delegate The Proletarian Red Guards in The Red Guards.
- : The Proletarian Red Guards updated the World Factbook entry in The Red Guards.