The Totally Unsafe Battlegrounds of The Pendulum Wars is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Everybody with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.359 billion casualties are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Front. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped war economy, worth 45.0 trillion war coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,115 war coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, Everybody has just been declared ruler of The Pendulum Wars in an international press conference, the world outside is only known of in folklore, and War has been named as The Pendulum Wars's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Pendulum Wars's national animal is the leopard, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is War.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Monsters" (Account: Science).
- : The Pendulum Wars changed its national faith to "War".
- : Following new legislation in The Pendulum Wars, War has been named as The Pendulum Wars's national religion.
- : Following new legislation in The Pendulum Wars, the world outside is only known of in folklore.
- : The Pendulum Wars published "The Locust Horde" (Account: Drama).
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Others" (Account: Other).
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Mercenaries" (Account: Trade).
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Militaries" (Account: Military).
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Factions" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : The Pendulum Wars published "Major and Minor Characters" (Account: Diplomacy).