The South Carolinian Republic of The Palmetto is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jax Ingof with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.331 billion Carolinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charleston. The average income tax rate is 57.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Carolinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,120 trillion Cobalt Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 120,066 Cobalt Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, organisations with 800 in their phone number are often raided by special forces, Carolinian husbands are dead good at fathering kids, and embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Palmetto's national animal is the Carolina Wren, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Palmetto's influence in Cobalt Network fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Palmetto's influence in Cobalt Network rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : The Palmetto lodged a message on the Cobalt Network Regional Message Board.
- : The Palmetto was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : The Palmetto was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : The Palmetto was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : The Palmetto was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : The Palmetto was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : The Palmetto was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : The Palmetto was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Newne Carriebean7.