The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dear Librarian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.064 billion Bluestockings love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertad. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Homelandist economy, worth a remarkable 1,455 trillion Biblios a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,685 Biblios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them, Homelandist tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, and producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Bluestocking Homeland's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Universal Way.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Dorenland.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Dorwerland.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Verensika.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Concordant Stratum of The Cypher Nine.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Federal Kingdom of Einswenn.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
Endorsements Received: 49 » Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Chilledsville, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Feladria, Eryndlynd, Reannia, Love and Nature, Caterasia, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Window Land, Wantevolo, Ironic Remarks, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, The Void Territories, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Forgotten Beauty, The Black Forrest, Verdant Haven, Cheloboria, Appendia, Lura, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Jutsa, Crowacia, Simbolon, Terrabod, The Most Serene Republicans, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Verensika, and Daarwyrth.