The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Dear Librarian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.849 billion Bluestockings love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertad. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Homelandist economy, worth a remarkable 1,814 trillion Biblios a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 122,163 Biblios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Homelandist tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene, satellite images show safe electoral constituencies in complete darkness, and engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Bluestocking Homeland's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Yoakekuni.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Lovely Realm of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Ecologist Hegemony.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Relwynia.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Realm of Lofia.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Eight Realms of Siornor.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Confederation of Hyon Delta.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Eight Realms of Siornor.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: 43 » The Black Forrest, Ruinenlust, Lura, Uan aa Boa, Jutsa, Window Land, Terrabod, Ransium, Verdant Haven, Canaltia, Fartsniffage, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, The Cypher Nine, Love and Nature, Roless, Entitize, Eryndlynd, Cat-Herders United, Atsvea, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, The Void Territories, Taco Respublic, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ithersta, Bananaistan, Talgarth, The Most Serene Republicans, Forgotten Beauty, Ziotah and Riverside, Galaxiak, Zerphen, Effazio, Novian Republics, Prusmia, Hyon Delta, Siornor, Lofia, Ecologist Hegemony, Daarwyrth, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, and Yoakekuni.