The Teetering Bookshelves of The New Bluestocking Homeland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Dear Librarian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.085 billion Bluestockings love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertad. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Homelandist economy, worth a remarkable 1,332 trillion Biblios a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,175 Biblios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, people make a career out of medical voyeurism, courtrooms can be a little sketchy, and the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Bluestocking Homeland's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by South bees.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland was endorsed by The Free People of Talgarth.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : The New Bluestocking Homeland endorsed The Kingdom of Paplia.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Chilledsville, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Feladria, Dwardossa, Eryndlynd, Reannia, Love and Nature, Caterasia, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Window Land, Wantevolo, Ironic Remarks, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, The Void Territories, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Forgotten Beauty, The Black Forrest, Greyveldt, Verdant Haven, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Kinectia, Appendia, Lura, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Oryx the Mad God, Talgarth, Jutsa, and Pythaga.