|Leader||High Chief Nathaniel al-Shuqba|
The Commonwealth of The Natufian Nation is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by High Chief Nathaniel al-Shuqba with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.842 billion Natufians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Jericho. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Natufian Nationian economy, worth 275 trillion Ukis a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is 96,996 Ukis, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 444,455 per year while the poor average 12,868, a ratio of 34.5 to 1.
The diplomatic corps stinks, hymns sung by popular choirs top the billboard charts, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits, and the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Natufian Nation's national animal is the Aurochs, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Animism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Natufian Nation's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Natufian Nation's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Natufian Nation's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Natufian Nation relocated from The Fourth Sovereign Charter to Osiris.
- : The Natufian Nation lodged a message on the The Fourth Sovereign Charter Regional Message Board.
- : The Natufian Nation published "The Collapse of the Natufian Nation" (Bulletin: News).
- : The Natufian Nation's influence in The Fourth Sovereign Charter rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Natufian Nation published "June ´20 Expansion of the Commonwealth" (Bulletin: News).
- : Following new legislation in The Natufian Nation, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in The Natufian Nation, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits.