The Queendom of The Moonstar is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Moonbyul with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.719 billion Moonstarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wind Flower. The average income tax rate is 26.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Moonstarian economy, worth 97.5 trillion KPOPS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 56,736 KPOPS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Moonstarian democracy, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Moonstar's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mamamoo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Moonstar was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories.
- : The Moonstar was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : The Moonstar lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Moonstar was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : The Moonstar was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : The Moonstar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in The Moonstar, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Following new legislation in The Moonstar, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in The Moonstar, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Moonstarian democracy.
- : Following new legislation in The Moonstar, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Andinla, Qvait, Erinor, Amerion, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Ebonhand, Farengeto, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Auphelia, Phanama, New Briantown, Apartment 11F, Marinho Islands, WI SD EA D, Bleakfoot, Belschaft, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Abyssal Phantasm, Aumeltopia, Bartonia Nova, PenguinPies, Purple Hyacinth, Beepee, Eskvenn, Kandorith, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Lyland, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Drystar, and 18 others.Crystal Creation, Tsunamy, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Libedistan, The Solar System Scope, Arvan Irawer, Cokoland, Westenhald, Ipugao, Sedunn, Greater Scottdascoda, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, East Nagaland, The Langburn Islands, and Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories.