The Constitutional Monarchy of The Minmin is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 410 million Neophytes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 47.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient a Neophyte economy, worth 16.3 trillion Cotton Balls a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,717 Cotton Balls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can get away with murder these days, Max Barry is this year's Miss The Minmin, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Minmin's national animal is the Minmin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Minmin was endorsed by The Republic of The Democratic Republic Of The Pacific.
- : The Crowned Serene Republic of Acaciatropole appointed The Minmin as First Minister with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Hiyamashu.
- : The Minmin's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Minmin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in The Minmin, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : The Minmin was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : The Minmin's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Minmin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : The Minmin altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in The Minmin, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.