The United Socialist States of The Mighty River is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 332 million Mighty Riverians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Mighty Riverian economy, worth 9.54 trillion River Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 28,723 River Bucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense, citizens are yearning to leave The Mighty River for the countries it sends aid to, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, and murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Mighty River's national animal is the Catfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Mighty River was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sino-Terranesia.
- : The Mighty River was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Mighty River voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : The Mighty River was endorsed by The United Socialist States of International Socialist Union.
- : Following new legislation in The Mighty River, murder rates are on the rise as the popularity of soylent products grows.
- : The Mighty River was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in The Mighty River, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : The Mighty River voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : The Mighty River voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Following new legislation in The Mighty River, citizens are yearning to leave The Mighty River for the countries it sends aid to.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Absurd Land, Zerphen, Restart, East Nazareth, Bernieland Republic, Albania 3, Bunkaiia, Duravia, Islati Scyia, Darfaria, Upcrus, Soberanos-Socialistas, Pertsjan, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Golinistan, Carrico, Alphonsia, BohemianRepublic, Meorlanorde, Ripuaria-Limburg, International Socialist Union, and Sino-Terranesia.