|Animal||Manticoran Bald Eagle|
The Acharan Kingdom of The Manticoran Empire is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Catherine with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, free-roaming dinosaurs, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 16.911 billion Manticorans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vicuna. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Manticoran economy, worth a remarkable 4,125 trillion Manticoran Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 243,935 Manticoran Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 899,962 per year while the poor average 46,656, a ratio of 19.3 to 1.
International negotiations always lead to a lot of missile-laneous expenses, the nation is relieved that all of the recent madness has finally come to an end, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Manticoran Embarrassments, and in a fit of passion Queen Catherine has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Manticoran Empire's national animal is the Manticoran Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
The Manticoran Empire is ranked 291,531st in the world and 21st in Distant Worlds for Most Avoided, scoring 0.89 on the Kardashian Reflex Score.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Manticoran Empire's influence in Distant Worlds rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Manticoran Empire published "Mark Seven Combat Droid (Work In Progress)" (Factbook: Military).
- : The Manticoran Empire's influence in Distant Worlds rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Manticoran Empire lodged a message on the Distant Worlds Regional Message Board.
- : The Manticoran Empire published "Republic of Manticore Space Forces (Heavy Work In Progress, Placeholder Layout)" (Factbook: Military).
- : The Manticoran Empire's influence in Distant Worlds rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Manticoran Empire altered its national flag.
- : The Manticoran Empire published "The Constitution of the Republic of Manticore" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : The Manticoran Empire's influence in Distant Worlds rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Manticoran Empire's influence in Distant Worlds rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".