The Queen's State of The Lord Chamberlain is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 19.332 billion Lord Chamberlainians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Public Transport. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The strong Lord Chamberlainian economy, worth 729 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 37,754 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 256,683 per year while the poor average 2,028, a ratio of 126 to 1.
The government is reining in public spending, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and The Lord Chamberlain is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Lord Chamberlain's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Lord Chamberlain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : The Lord Chamberlain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : The Lord Chamberlain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : The Lord Chamberlain's influence in Commonwealth of Nations rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : The Lord Chamberlain's influence in Commonwealth of Nations fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : The Lord Chamberlain proposed constructing embassies between Commonwealth of Nations and Kingdom of Hanover.
- : The Lord Chamberlain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : The Lord Chamberlain updated the World Factbook entry in Commonwealth of Nations.
- : The Lord Chamberlain proposed constructing embassies between Commonwealth of Nations and Ridgewood.
- : The Lord Chamberlain proposed constructing embassies between Commonwealth of Nations and The Kingdom of Greenland.