The Wintherian Kingdom of The Land Of Winther is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, fear of technology, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.728 billion Wintherians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strongsnow. The average income tax rate is 44.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Land Of Wintherian economy, worth 151 trillion Winther Kroners a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,771 Winther Kroners, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences", Leader has just been declared ruler of The Land Of Winther in an international press conference, the only Maxxmas gift frontline troops receive from officers is a bullet with the enemy's name on it, and a major religion has been named as The Land Of Winther's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Land Of Winther's national animal is the Blue Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Land Of Winther resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Land Of Winther changed its national nation type to "Wintherian Kingdom".
- : The Land Of Winther was endorsed by The Great Empire of Konahrik.
- : The Land Of Winther's influence in Greater Cyngland rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : The Land Of Winther's influence in Greater Cyngland rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Land Of Winther's influence in Greater Cyngland rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".
- : The Land Of Winther was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kingdom Of Deutchland.
- : The Land Of Winther was endorsed by The Nawabate of Eesil.
- : The Land Of Winther's influence in Greater Cyngland fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : The Land Of Winther was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.