The Holy Empire of The Kot is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by The Kotifex with an iron fist, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.819 billion Kotians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Healthcare, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kottopia. The average income tax rate is 36.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kotian economy, worth 438 trillion kots a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 155,626 kots, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government funds large training centres to turn kots into functioning members of society, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and the clergy of Kotism remains a single-sex institution. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kot's national animal is the kot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kotism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Kot's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Kot's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Kot's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Kot was refounded in Balder.
- : The Kot ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : The Kot was endorsed by The Republic of Vyjaakistan.
- : The Kot lost the endorsement of The Free Land of Libertarianists States.
- : The Kot was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Smib.
- : The Kot was endorsed by The Republic of Antiyard.
- : The Kot was endorsed by The Republic of ThN.