The Natural Empire of The Kerguelen Archipelago is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Kerg with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 4.299 billion Kerguelenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port-aux-Franšais. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Kerguelenian economy, worth 483 trillion bottle caps a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 112,426 bottle caps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, cars are banned, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and mathematicians are hated by children across the country. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kerguelen Archipelago's national animal is the Antarctic fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago was endorsed by The Olive Green of Eist.
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Icthaleon.
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Kknight"".
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- : Following new legislation in The Kerguelen Archipelago, mathematicians are hated by children across the country.
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago was endorsed by The Republic of Zoom-7.
- : Following new legislation in The Kerguelen Archipelago, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Kerguelen Archipelago's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".