The Republic of The Kallandikonk is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jonathan with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 2.126 billion Kallandikonkians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kallandikonkian economy, worth 146 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,840 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence, snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Jonathan's majority, the nation is regarded as a paragon of democracy, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kallandikonk's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Lutheran.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Kallandikonk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Neutrality Act"".
- : The Kallandikonk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in The Kallandikonk, bike rage is all the rage.
- : The Kallandikonk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Reventus Koth".
- : The Kallandikonk was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : The Kallandikonk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in The Kallandikonk, the nation is regarded as a paragon of democracy.
- : Following new legislation in The Kallandikonk, snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Jonathan's majority.
- : Following new legislation in The Kallandikonk, politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence.
- : The Kallandikonk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Siwale, Imperial Pene Rounitrang, Sil Dorsett, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Holy Oranz, Sankami, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Xentherida, Shadowrik, Guslantis, Empy, Frances Francis the First of France, Wineclaw, Bharathvarsh, Upper Portlandia, Enosville, Wisconsota, Morrn, Selfgradatude, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Kaschovia, Malta Comino Gozo, Lord Ravenclaw, Vazali, Valdr, Vegetarian States, Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, HMS Unicorn, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Pallaith, Kingdom of Space, Colony of lasting Hopes, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, General COE, Choistan, Reannia, Vszeklina, Friently, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, and 18 others.South Grand Mountain, Faxfleet, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Lamexanope, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Kizja, Anima Proxa, Rylam, McMasterdonia, Sanjurika, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Kobagia, Prevaland, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Sheppey.