The Empire of The JVP is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Augusta with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 17.273 billion JVPians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ferris. The average income tax rate is 73.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient JVPian economy, worth a remarkable 2,208 trillion Pinces a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 127,856 Pinces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Ferris Times is sold out, and military officers are given medals for disobeying orders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The JVP's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The JVP was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : The JVP was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in The JVP, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in The JVP, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Ferris Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in The JVP, the nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage.
- : Following new legislation in The JVP, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in The JVP, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : The JVP voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : The JVP voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : The JVP voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
Endorsements Received: None.