|Leader||The Cosmic Horror Grox'ez|
|Faith||The Celestial Creed|
The Elder Empire of The Iron Stars is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Cosmic Horror Grox'ez with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, parental licensing program, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 19.955 billion cosmic entities are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Quasaropolis. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient cosmic economy, worth a remarkable 6,856 trillion Novas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 343,612 Novas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
When people ask what the difference is between politicians and lawyers they are referred to document c15(iv) section 14.1 subsection 3.2 of the Jan 2015 political category definition guidance codes, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police, and Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Iron Stars's national animal is the Dread Empyrean, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Celestial Creed.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Iron Stars was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and Largest Mining Sector.
- : The Iron Stars was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Iron Stars endorsed The Golden Empire of Kratistolies.
- : The Iron Stars was endorsed by The Golden Empire of Kratistolies.
- : The Iron Stars's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Negotiator" to "Instigator".
- : The Iron Stars's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Iron Stars was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : The Iron Stars was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : The Iron Stars's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Iron Stars's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kratistolies.