|Leader||President Sharro Xetari|
The United States of The Greater Iran is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Sharro Xetari with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.637 billion Iranians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tehran. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Iranic economy, worth 355 trillion darics a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 217,202 darics, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,052,957 per year while the poor average 25,934, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Tehran to enjoy their national art, and if they thought anyone would listen the older generation would likely say that nobody listens to them any more. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Greater Iran's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Greater Iran was endorsed by The Ricky Spanish of Shibutani.
- : The Greater Iran was endorsed by The E-Democracy of The Rhein States.
- : The Greater Iran was endorsed by The Kingdom of Alunya.
- : The Greater Iran relocated from World Conference to The North Pacific.
- : The Greater Iran published "World Conference App" (Factbook: Overview).
- : The Greater Iran's influence in World Conference rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in The Greater Iran, if they thought anyone would listen the older generation would likely say that nobody listens to them any more.
- : The Greater Iran lodged a message on the World Conference Regional Message Board.
- : The Greater Iran relocated from The Confederacy of Free Nations to World Conference.
- : Following new legislation in The Greater Iran, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Tehran to enjoy their national art.