The Oppressed Peoples of The Gilded Star is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, flagrant waste-dumping, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.487 billion citizens are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Spirituality are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving a citizen economy, worth 544 trillion citizens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,096 citizens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, every worker receives exactly the same pay regardless of productivity, and wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Gilded Star's national animal is the citizen, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Portugal Brasil and the Algarves.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Republic of Granevia.
- : The Gilded Star updated the World Factbook entry in Thalassia.
- : The Gilded Star endorsed The Borderlands of Juvena.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Borderlands of Juvena.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Dieboldsheim.
- : The Gilded Star endorsed The Community of Brinckerhoff.
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The Community of Brinckerhoff.
- : The Gilded Star voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : The Gilded Star was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Portugal and Greater Spain.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Ayeinc, Arthenas, Oswald State Correctional Facility, Sho, Czech Germania, Jerkania, Zentata, Imperio Lautiriano, Carlia, Antwilla, Thucydide, Endrovia, The 3nd German Republic, Arenado, Zeneslav, Liruslau, Nationific, Tirr Savattstra, SteamPunk Squirrels, Lina Camadz, Mand Chais, Hermosamente, Labradorzite, Ylministan, The States Of Vizia, Quark A, The Nordic Democracy, Alaniztan, Sauelsuesor, Nitra-Silesia, El Hierro, Kalderisara, Hiionia, Holing, Greater Valaveria, Monkelandd, Tommaroc, Jyllmark, Foiled, Vay Leir Nor Bearkinga, Esslea, Grey County, Laeden, Soniava, Okama Kenpo, Conklandi, Yaldian Territories, Owl Archipelago, Dieboldsheim, Juvena, and 2 others.Granevia, and Portugal Brasil and the Algarves.