The Congressional Republic of The Gelseen Hegemony is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Spears with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 8.933 billion Gelseens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rouvenor. The average income tax rate is 28.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Gelseen Hegemonyian economy, worth a remarkable 3,937 trillion Aurums a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 440,833 Aurums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, the only science is political science, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in The Gelseen Hegemony, and a good deed is rewarded with a thank you note attached to a deportation order. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Gelseen Hegemony's national animal is the Red Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Starship Manufacture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Gelseen Hegemony lost the endorsement of The Continental Force of Ecornia.
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, a good deed is rewarded with a thank you note attached to a deportation order.
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in The Gelseen Hegemony.
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, the only science is political science.
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : The Gelseen Hegemony voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : The Gelseen Hegemony voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in The Gelseen Hegemony, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : The Gelseen Hegemony lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Yeagania, DeerField Cove, Domitias, New Justusia, Tethys 13, Dragonian Alliance, Zapadni Srpski entitet, Solar Energy and Free States, Valerievna, Nuwisha, Arr, The Grand Lockland Democratic Authority, ElJefe, Rundashia, Lakarian, Engias, New Hala, CN888, Ocsken, Philosopy, Maxxlandia, Kerchistania, Depolis, ZT333, Quussia, Reneda, Xosharia, Admin D, Big Boyz, Wayneactia, Great Baltic Empire, Bayi, Wymondham, Jonairadsylva, South Proales, Dhaeland, Trilanian, Ashterothia, Knights of the Iron Solari, Deosdora, Northern Irish Freedom, Life Country, Minecraftiana, Elyssae, Phobi, Dornish Federation, United Animal Kingdom, Mizanzukistao, Fransmany, West Mattasia, and 38 others.Santa Clara Cartel, Empotia, Scutum, Matuslania, Letnem, Carthaginium, The United Kingdom of Germany, JPSP, Friaritat, Indusslav, Karoosh-Alban, Yagonia, Iron Cladia, The Stalinist Union, Vegan Reich, Kampfler, PR Furlan, The Great Lechuga, Gbliss, Drooyd, Simeonia II, Republic remmnant, Ist Meo, Sosnovk, Sounkaopia, Populous Magnus, Pridelantic people, United States of Zedabi, Irrepertus, Unsere Grosse Kaiserin, United Socialist Territories, Turtislava, Votri, Neo Hungarica, East-South Eastern Asia, Secare, Raelsa, and Fleischner.