The Socialist Republic of The Gaelic People is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Murphy Murphy with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 4.796 billion Gaels are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inisnua. The average income tax rate is 53.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gaelic economy, worth 384 trillion Punts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 80,145 Punts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, rumor has it that Murphy Murphy has won three lotteries in a row, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons, and Murphy Murphy panders to nontraditional families. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Gaelic People's national animal is the Wolfhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Gaelic People's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Gaelic People changed its national leader to "Murphy Murphy".
- : The Gaelic People altered its national flag.
- : The Gaelic People relocated from Osiris to Refugia.
- : The Gaelic People was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Gaelic People ceased to exist in Refugia.
- : The Gaelic People was endorsed by The Flowery Dragons Den of Indimu.
- : The Gaelic People was endorsed by The Confederacy of Tre Bia Land.
- : The Gaelic People was endorsed by The Majestic Forest of Typica.
- : The Gaelic People was endorsed by The Allied States of Republic of Central Darfur.