The Republic of The Free United Nations is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Bedell with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.63 billion United Nationsians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beddington. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient United Nationsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,214 trillion United Currencies a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,160 United Currencies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests, and religious education is a new government priority. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Free United Nations's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Free United Nations was endorsed by The Empire of Colanadar.
- : The Free United Nations was endorsed by The Emperor of Vamperiall.
- : The Free United Nations voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : The Free United Nations endorsed The Allied States of Noders.
- : The Free United Nations was endorsed by The Allied States of Noders.
- : The Free United Nations voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kyrusia".
- : The Free United Nations voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Unjust Warfare".
- : The Free United Nations endorsed The Empire of Wecrein.
- : The Free United Nations was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : The Free United Nations was endorsed by The Empire of Wecrein.
Endorsements Received: 12 » The English Regions, Sommnus, Nichole Leo, Comuni, North East Somerset, LithuaniCon, Toscana e Ducati di Firenze e Siena, Newstro, Apophiss, Noders, Vamperiall, and Colanadar.