The Pirates of The Floodcity is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Hr Puffin Stuff with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 28.334 billion Floodcityians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West End. Income tax is unheard of.
The powerhouse Floodcityian economy, worth a remarkable 1,597 trillion oggie boogies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 56,375 oggie boogies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
City-dwellers are forcibly moved to farming communes in the countryside, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes, tardiness has increased after carpooling was classified as a criminal offense, and the nation's once beautiful countryside have turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Floodcity's national animal is the Iron Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of the Mighty Lords.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Floodcity's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Floodcity's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Floodcity's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Floodcity's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Floodcity's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Floodcity was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Developed, Most Subsidized Industry, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The Floodcity was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Floodcity ceased to exist.
- : The Floodcity was endorsed by Benevolent thomas.
- : The Floodcity was endorsed by The Lip-Service Democracy of Axixic.