The United Socialist States of The First Interstellar is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 316 million Citizens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 65.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant First Interstellarian economy, worth 5.35 trillion Tisas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 16,935 Tisas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Napalm is the tool of choice for disabling eco-unfriendly forestry operations and the path to inner peace is paved with state-mandated punishment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The First Interstellar's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The First Interstellar agreed to construct embassies between The Orion of Things and Fredonia.
- : The First Interstellar published "Red Aerospace Forces" (Factbook: Military).
- : The First Interstellar composed a new Welcome Telegram for The Orion of Things.
- : The First Interstellar granted posting privileges on the The Orion of Things Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : The First Interstellar agreed to construct embassies between The Orion of Things and The Embassy.
- : The First Interstellar's influence in The Orion of Things rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The First Interstellar published "Roleplay References" (Meta: Reference).
- : The First Interstellar published "Regional RP Map" (Meta: Reference).
- : The First Interstellar added the tag "Outer Space" to The Orion of Things.
- : The First Interstellar added the tag "Role Player" to The Orion of Things.