|Leader||Lord High Chancellor Louis Brandeis|
The Serbonian Bog of The Erie Doctrine is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Lord High Chancellor Louis Brandeis with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.203 billion Doctrinaireians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chancery. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Erie Doctrinean economy, worth 924 trillion appellate briefs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,759 appellate briefs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
People who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, and many aides in Lord High Chancellor Louis Brandeis's office are known to be serial jaywalkers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Erie Doctrine's national animal is the eggshell plaintiff, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Legal Realism.
The Erie Doctrine is ranked 95,100th in the world and 3rd in Snug Harbor for Highest Wealthy Incomes, with 171,445 Standard Monetary Units.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Erie Doctrine's influence in Snug Harbor rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Erie Doctrine's influence in Snug Harbor rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The Erie Doctrine changed its national faith to "Legal Realism".
- : The Erie Doctrine relocated from The North Pacific to Snug Harbor.
- : The Erie Doctrine resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in The Erie Doctrine, many aides in Lord High Chancellor Louis Brandeis's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : The Erie Doctrine voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Giovanniland".
- : The Erie Doctrine was endorsed by The Graypublic of GrayingOut.
- : The Erie Doctrine was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Unitarian Universalism.
- : The Erie Doctrine was endorsed by The Republic of Natiepaz.