The Holy Empire of The Elated One is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Varthrax with an iron fist, and renowned for its flagrant waste-dumping, infamous sell-swords, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.075 billion Elated Ones are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctuary Square. The average income tax rate is 46.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Elated economy, worth 427 trillion Oreos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 138,974 Oreos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The newest shade developed by The Elated One's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange', Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested, restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in The Elated One, and distant and obscure male relatives succeed to the Elated throne. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Elated One's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Elation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Elated One was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atlitis.
- : The Elated One was endorsed by The United States of Trilanian.
- : The Elated One's influence in Osiris rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Elated One was endorsed by The Empire of Cha Japor.
- : The Elated One was endorsed by The Congressional Republic of The Gelseen Hegemony.
- : The Elated One voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : The Elated One voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Following new legislation in The Elated One, distant and obscure male relatives succeed to the Elated throne.
- : Following new legislation in The Elated One, restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in The Elated One.
- : Following new legislation in The Elated One, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Dhaeland, Wymondham, Aragon AI, Valerievna, Tethys 13, Frinotonia, Wayneactia, Malphe II, Arkadia Universalis, Great Baltic Empire, Yeagania, Forty Seven Dictators, Platyperia, Big Boyz, Xosharia, Arr, DeerField Cove, The Gelseen Hegemony, Cha Japor, Trilanian, and Atlitis.