The Galactic Federal Republic of The Earth Systems Alliance is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dominic Woodward with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, keen interest in outer space, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.058 billion Humans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Terran economy, worth 449 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 146,922 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of Credits are being blown on orbital weapons development, The Earth Systems Alliance isn't what it used to be, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims, and boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Earth Systems Alliance's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Yellow and Purple Easter Egg of Oofery.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Magister and MoIC of Tretrid.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Vice Delegate n Caek Vizier of Libertanny.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The May St Wood Pigeon Save Us of British Calradia.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance published "Disabilities Services" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in The Earth Systems Alliance, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard.
- : Following new legislation in The Earth Systems Alliance, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance endorsed The Holy Blue Free Land of Liberstankonia.
- : The Earth Systems Alliance's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Earth Systems Alliance was endorsed by The Holy Blue Free Land of Liberstankonia.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Marrabuk, Pakitsk, Zukchiva, Plazland, Asendavia, Urimel, Catistania, Todd McCloud, VW53Aland, Talitoa, New Leganes, Brotherland, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, East Malaysia, Liberstankonia, British Calradia, Libertanny, Tretrid, and Oofery.