The Republic of The Eagleland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Manto Demou with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, national health service, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 15.963 billion The Eaglelanders are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Eaglelandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,730 trillion Eagleland Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 171,083 Eagleland Drachmas, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
Tax assessment offices double as polling stations, vaccinations are mandatory, billions are being spent on a new island airport, and pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Eagleland's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Greek Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Eagleland's influence in Sondria rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Eagleland's influence in Sondria rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Eagleland's influence in Sondria rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Eagleland published "Timeline" (Factbook: History).
- : The Eagleland's influence in Sondria rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Eagleland's influence in Sondria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : The Eagleland published "Alcohol" (Factbook: Economy).
- : The Eagleland published "Agriculture" (Factbook: Economy).
- : The Eagleland lodged a message on the Sondria Regional Message Board.