The Kingdom of The drowned Lands is a very large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 180 million wanderers live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Spirituality, although Defense is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The strong lost economy, worth 10.8 trillion whatevers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Average income is 60,061 whatevers, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 387,103 per year while the poor average 3,765, a ratio of 102 to 1.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, surveillance cameras are banned, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and millions of simultaneously backfiring toilets have flooded The drowned Lands City with effluent. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. The drowned Lands's national animal is the fish, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The drowned Lands's influence in The Lost rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The drowned Lands added the tag "Post Apocalyptic" to The Lost.
- : The drowned Lands relocated from The West Pacific to The Lost.
- : The drowned Lands founded the region The Lost.
- : The drowned Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, and Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use and Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : The drowned Lands's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The drowned Lands published "The Song of the Drowned Lands" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in The drowned Lands, millions of simultaneously backfiring toilets have flooded The drowned Lands City with effluent.
- : Following new legislation in The drowned Lands, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Following new legislation in The drowned Lands, surveillance cameras are banned.