The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, frequent executions, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 30.251 billion Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Education and Defense are also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Derrak Quadrantian economy, worth a remarkable 9,310 trillion Quadrants a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 307,788 Quadrants, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, the government is seen to favor Catholics, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and the judicial system legislates morality. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout and Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces".
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Confederation of Former Reborn States.
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and The Waterfront.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate England".
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Invaders".
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal " Repeal- Reproductive Freedom ".