The Republic of The Democratic Philippines is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, avant-garde cinema, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 4.466 billion Philippinesians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Manila-Quezon City. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Philippinesian economy, worth 566 trillion Philippine Demo Pesos a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,877 Philippine Demo Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets, sea side cafes are required by law to close during summer, and fruit pickers with degrees in Eagle psychology are a common sight. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Democratic Philippines's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Eaglism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Democratic Philippines was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : The Democratic Philippines's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Democratic Philippines's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Democratic Philippines's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : The Democratic Philippines relocated from Lazarus to Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : The Democratic Philippines was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Democratic Philippines ceased to exist.
- : The Democratic Philippines was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : The Democratic Philippines was endorsed by The Admin Apostle of Red Dusk II.
- : The Democratic Philippines was endorsed by The Free Land of Tierra de Madre.