|Leader||Prime Minister Amelia Jortor|
The Rogue Nation of The Democratic Marxists is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Amelia Jortor with a fair hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.856 billion Marxitians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sandersgrad. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Democratic Marxistsian economy, worth 975 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 166,626 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions, and hospitals in The Democratic Marxists are too busy serving the needs of Shrayan Bose to see Marxitians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Democratic Marxists's national animal is the Honeybee, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Democratic Marxists was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : The Democratic Marxists voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : The Democratic Marxists voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : The Democratic Marxists voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use"".
- : The Democratic Marxists was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : The Democratic Marxists voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Audioslavia".
- : The Democratic Marxists voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Data Protection Accord"".
- : The Democratic Marxists was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : The Democratic Marxists was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : The Democratic Marxists was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
Endorsements Received: None.