The United States of The Chad State of Oceania is a large, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-working, cynical population of 72 million Chad State of Oceanians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33.7%.
The very strong Chad State of Oceanian economy, worth 4.21 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 58,502 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 202,263 per year while the poor average 12,369, a ratio of 16.4 to 1.
Surveillance cameras are banned, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Chad State of Oceania's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Chad State of Oceania's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Chad State of Oceania lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Chad State of Oceania published "The Chad State of Oceania, Welcome to the Party!" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in The Chad State of Oceania, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities.
- : Following new legislation in The Chad State of Oceania, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : The Chad State of Oceania was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in The Chad State of Oceania, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Following new legislation in The Chad State of Oceania, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : The Chad State of Oceania changed its national demonym plural to "Chad State of Oceanians".
- : The Chad State of Oceania was founded in The South Pacific.