The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Nikko Mayzuka with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 24.23 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Celestian economy, worth a remarkable 1,561 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 64,427 Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Digitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Holy Blue Republic of RedBrickLand.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Awesomly Awesome Collective of Malororia.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Holy Blue Republic of RedBrickLand.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Awesomly Awesome Collective of Malororia.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Republic of Brrrrr.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Republic of Brrrrr.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Eternal Republic of Illen Falis.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Republic of Ugunnustan.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Axixic, Aigania, Denado, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, The New California Republic, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, Courlany, Meat Sandwich, The Sigometh Dynasty, Custadia, Ni Hon, Manaric, Auralon, Darcaethir, Leonism, Issrak-om, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Ashoy, Silver Minner, Darkium, Skin Nation The Second, Cyrilla, Nucular, Flurf, Kunigund, Debussy, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Steel Vagabonds, The Gelseen Hegemony, Surd, Kryansk, Nothark Vilum, Nova Zemlya, Cilorea, Fluffiness, Proletarianssss, Iron Alliance, Americastrailia, Saint Alaric, Fortytipper, Islayth, Port Flynt, Black pinewood, The Free States of The North, and 16 others.Greater East Portage, Pepe Pip, Xalivstonia, Enkowshe, Japba, Banite, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Alf53, Flasankia, Nimaric, Calicate, Illen Falis, Ugunnustan, Brrrrr, Malororia, and RedBrickLand.