The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nikko Maysuka with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.592 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 84.8%.
The strong Celestian economy, worth a remarkable 1,005 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 57,147 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Free Republic of Aflana.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Sacred Imperial States of Denado.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Pierconium".
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Blessed Kingdom of Custadia.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Incorporated States of Li Ka Shing Administrative Region.
- : The Celestial Lands endorsed The Lazarus Home of Galiantus of Americastrailia.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Blessed Kingdom of Custadia.
- : The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Lazarus Home of Galiantus of Americastrailia.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Scani, Hycronesia, Nargorthia, Leonism, Axixic, Ensci, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Aegis-5, Aigania, The Pharcyde, The Torrentin, Makdon, RadRoachInc, Loftegen 2, The Illusian Empire, Altmar, Derthal, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Americastrailia, Custadia, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, and Aflana.