The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nikko Masuka with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 12.638 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 79.2%.
The strong Celestian economy, worth 719 trillion Bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,923 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Celestial Lands, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : The Celestial Lands changed its national leader to "Nikko Masuka".
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces"".
- : The Celestial Lands's influence in Celestial Lands rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Celestial Lands was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Celestial Lands applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Celestial Lands relocated from Balder to Celestial Lands.
- : The Celestial Lands founded the region Celestial Lands.
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : The Celestial Lands's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
Endorsements Received: None.