The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nikko Masuka with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.237 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 78.6%.
The strong Celestian economy, worth 740 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 55,963 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forest".
- : The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Illuminati".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Black Hawks".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Protection Act".
- : The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
Endorsements Received: None.