The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nikko Masuka with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.796 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 79.8%.
The strong Celestian economy, worth 770 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 55,852 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrektopia".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Dank memes"".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Stock Exchanges and Foreign investment"".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forest".
- : The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Illuminati".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Black Hawks".
Endorsements Received: None.