The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22.786 billion Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Byrdsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,949 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 85,558 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, birth rates have hit an all-time low, racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Empire of Duo the god.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : The Byrds's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of The Libertarian Republic of Savages.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Sundown Empire of Catalyse.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The THE ENTITY of UKIMAR RBON.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Five O Clock Shadow of Unibot III.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Most Serene Federal Republic of Artucrux.
- : The Byrds's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".