The Zombie of The Byrdlands is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Joseph Hunt with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, vat-grown people, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.953 billion Byrdlanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Relinski. The average income tax rate is 57.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Byrdish economy, worth 570 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 82,103 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation, and clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrdlands's national animal is the grand eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Aamalyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrdlands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : The Byrdlands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : The Byrdlands ejected and banned The Confederacy of Greznea from Anteria.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Democratic States of The Dinebulata Region.
- : The Byrdlands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Federation of Astorii.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Fallooplesburg.
- : The Byrdlands updated the World Factbook entry in Anteria.
- : The Byrdlands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lyonheimer.
- : The Byrdlands lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Wellsenfaile, Abjekistan, Kentalis, The New Bulgarian Order, Whitmarche, Hatstheput, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Foxomexra, Lesser Velutaria, Junterland, Gadorien, Valcouria, Amrelia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Plattinum, Gran Rugido, Gavrilia, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Sab Demenr, Zhousheng, Gaulinima, Torvon, Kiyortza, San Calia, The Prymalische Empire, Republic of Turbin, Xzavaria, Prybourne, Fichmanistan, Misnomers, Flatstone, Hyliastor, Kakland, Toubaze, Anderum, Ariree, Bashkarstan, Shi-Yue, Swinas, Bendan, Lyonheimer, Fallooplesburg, and Astorii.