The Empire of The Burger King Corporation is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.274 billion Employees are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whoppertown. The average income tax rate is 60.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Working economy, worth 157 trillion Burger Bucks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 123,915 Burger Bucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The only places to see Pickle Pups now are at local zoos, stews often contain used tissues and pocket fluff, bilingual Employees are viewed with suspicion, and jaywalking is punishable by public flogging. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Burger King Corporation's national animal is the Pickle Pup, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Burger King Corporation's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Burger King Corporation's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Burger King Corporation was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Burger King Corporation ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : The Burger King Corporation was endorsed by The Republic of Falipes.
- : The Burger King Corporation was endorsed by The Local Councilcratic Republic of Evinea.
- : The Burger King Corporation was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Esterwood.
- : The Burger King Corporation was endorsed by The Greater Empire of Shintoese.
- : The Burger King Corporation was endorsed by The Barricades of Esfalsa.
- : The Burger King Corporation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.