The Republic of The Bound Realm is a large, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 56 million Bound Realmians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Education, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 65.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Bound Realmian economy, worth 2.07 trillion Novas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Trout Farming, Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 36,959 Novas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Harry Potter books are banned, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and Leader's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Bound Realm's national animal is the Fire Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Bound Realm's influence in Atlas Puppets rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The Bound Realm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : The Bound Realm relocated from The North Pacific to Atlas Puppets.
- : The Bound Realm lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.