The Dictatorship of The Borat is a massive, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and compulsory vegetarianism. The cynical population of 3.509 billion Boratians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Boratian economy, worth 116 trillion Pubuics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,107 Pubuics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes, Leader's campaign events reach their climax when the celebrity endorsers reveal themselves, doctors ask for written consent before making eye contact with patients, and bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Borat's national animal is the Cage people, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Borat's influence in Nouakchott rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Borat's influence in Nouakchott rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Borat's influence in Nouakchott rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Borat lodged a message on the Nouakchott Regional Message Board.
- : The Borat relocated from Bingus to Nouakchott.
- : The Borat's influence in Bingus rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Borat's influence in Bingus rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Borat's influence in Bingus rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Borat's influence in Bingus rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The Borat's influence in Bingus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".