The Dictatorship of The Borat is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 633 million Boratians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 38.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Boratian economy, worth 18.4 trillion Pubuics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,107 Pubuics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Boratians visiting rural Southern Cage People Village can get their driving records clean for a small fee, bars are packed at all hours, shell-shocked refugees are made to provide Immigration with lively renditions of 'Dancing Queen', and online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for The Borat. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Borat's national animal is the Cage people, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Borat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Borat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Borat relocated from Moomin Valley to The Rejected Realms.
- : The Borat was ejected and banned from Moomin Valley by The Federation of Krovnik.
- : The Borat lodged a message on the Moomin Valley Regional Message Board.
- : The Borat relocated from Ukraine to Moomin Valley.
- : The Borat lodged a message on the Ukraine Regional Message Board.
- : The Borat relocated from Balder to Ukraine.
- : The Borat lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : The Borat altered its national flag.