|Faith||a major religion|
The Lead of The Batman is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, avant-garde cinema, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 9.434 billion Batmanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gotham. The average income tax rate is 63.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Batmanian economy, worth 967 trillion Caves a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,541 Caves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, and government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Batman's national animal is the bat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole fell from "Contender" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole fell from "Instigator" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole rose from "Auxiliary" to "Instigator".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Batman's influence in The Hole rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Batman applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Batman relocated from Tixlandia to The Hole.