The Federal Republic of The Balkan Union state is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pountchev with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.515 billion Balkaners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sofia. The average income tax rate is 20.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Balkan economy, worth 190 trillion BLS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 125,423 BLS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
No-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, the government is reining in public spending, and directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Sofia as a backdrop. Crime is totally unknown. The Balkan Union state's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Balkan Union state was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : The Balkan Union state was endorsed by The People's Kingdom of Marvingia.
- : The Balkan Union state was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : The Balkan Union state was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : The Balkan Union state was endorsed by The Kingdom of Greycastle.
- : The Balkan Union state endorsed The Tranquil Lands of Corsoaua.
- : The Balkan Union state was endorsed by The Tranquil Lands of Corsoaua.
- : The Balkan Union state was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in The Balkan Union state, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Sofia as a backdrop.
- : Following new legislation in The Balkan Union state, the government is reining in public spending.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Dark Matter, Northern German Federation, Invernessia, The Champions League, Eco-Paris Reformation, Zulrich, Walfo, Saint Domingo, North of Americas, Meropis, Elisabethshagen, Yahlia, Mynox, Thracia and Crimea, GanymedEuropa, St Scarlett, Scytharum, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Kanokla, Irminsulia, Bathera, Imperium Anglorum, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, Ausvelt, Zarulia, Donaufoderation, Gliesetonia, Pilipinas and Malaya, The Federal States of Ezasao, South St Maarten, Regnum Italiae, Galway-Dublin, Godefargen, Ombran, Nardin, Chioganah, Greater Icelandia, Apabeossie, Eppur, Valtrona, Someseni, Greater Albaina, Brakanistan, Ayslend, Nomaida, Kharkolov, An Clar, and 45 others.Schiltia, Soclania, NorthPortugal, New Eestiball, Savinecross, Lodhs beard, Justosia, Germany222, Leukante, Greater Cebu, Super Happy Land, Maritzal, Parliamentary Laramidia, Wombelland, Leranditale, Lieges, Trixeland, Alsted, The New Mexican Confederation, Kardjali, Belvanski, Panversia, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Thebeytopia, Berlin and Hanover, Demon666, Othenhiem, Europe a Nation, Rary, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Heplon, Felhaven, Gorzi, Caescadia, Noristoniaka, Arsenial, United States of Russia1, Yazakhvanian Empire, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Zelenskraine, Gotho, and Marvingia.