The People's Dominion of The Ascendancy is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.388 billion Ascendants have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Romegrad. The average income tax rate is 62.4%.
The strong Ascendancyian economy, worth 558 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 45,063 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, archaeological discoveries are often followed by mysterious hamster abductions, the Federal Council of The Ascendancy has been announced as the new Head of State, and Leader is the self-declared God of all The Ascendancy. Crime is totally unknown. The Ascendancy's national animal is the Ascendant One, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Cosmarchy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Ascendancy lodged a message on the The Ascendancy Regional Message Board.
- : The Ascendancy removed Executive authority from the WA Delegate in The Ascendancy.
- : The Ascendancy removed The Aristocratic Regime of Lowell Leber from the regional ban list in The Ascendancy.
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Superpower".
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The Ascendancy relocated from Lazarus to The Ascendancy.
- : The Ascendancy was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Ascendancy ceased to exist in The Ascendancy.
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Power" to "Superpower".