The Kingdom of The Artic Union is a very large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 109 million Artic Unionians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The strong Artic Unionian economy, worth 6.43 trillion Artic Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 59,019 Artic Euros, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. The Artic Union's national animal is the Polar Bear.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Artic Union's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Artic Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : The Artic Union lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Artic Union altered its national flag.
- : The Artic Union was founded in The South Pacific.